Don't Resign Till You Have a Game Plan

In one of my first post on my blog, I showed that I resigned from my job to continue their businesses in the Internet business. In hindsight, there are some things I should consider more thoroughly before jumping ship.

financial security

When you do, you get paid, it's as simple as that. When you work for yourself, only paid when you complete a successful sale or transaction. It could be a lot more than how much you were earning when you were doing, or it could be a lot less. You do not want to give your dream job just because you ran out of money because of not saving enough before you quit your job.

Do you have time?

you have to ask yourself is it possible to balance work, life, as a side business all at the same time? Depending on the type of work, it can be completely possible (e-bay, blogging, etc.), but for others, there are just not enough hours in the day to do two jobs at once. Even now, I figure if I run about 7 to 8 hours a day (even though my working hours do not start and stop late at night) so I probably would not be able to balance work and work.

Do you have a game plan?

Above I mentioned that in hindsight I might have stayed a little longer, but now that I have a plan, I have no regrets. Succeed or fail, at least I got a plan to keep what gives me the best shot for success.

but you have got a game plan? Before you resign, set aside some time and write a 3 month plan. It might look something like this:

Month 1: The goal? For example, the articles for the site is ready.

Week 1: Target? For example Prepared 7 of 30 articles needed.

Day 1-7: specific tasks? For example, day 1, Article 1, 2 Article 2 of the day, etc.

Repeat for 3 months. You need to be as accurate as they do every day as if you are, you will wander aimlessly in an attempt to start your own business. You can not be ambiguous in your daily goals, it must be specific.

When you have three months from the day the plan (that you think you can hold) is prepared, saved enough finances, consult with your family, then go ahead, make your day. Resign from his job. But be prepared for many challenges.